If you are planning an upcoming trip to Now Resorts & Spas, we know one of the biggest challenges of traveling is usually getting the entire family packed. Wondering how you can consolidate your packing and ditch the excess baggage? Follow these simple tips for packing light:
- Make a list. It is helpful to write down everything you plan to bring. This allows you to easily see if you’ve allotted too many outfits for your trip. Be sure to note everything and then stick to your list when you start packing.
- Plan accordingly. A good rule of thumb for trips less than one week is to pack one shirt per day, one bottom and one bathing suit per every two days, no more than three pairs of shoes (one of which you should wear) and one layering sweater…though the sweater may not be necessary in sunny Mexico!
- Coordinate your outfits. Choose a neutral color such as brown, black or tan and then bring clothing, accessories and accent pieces that match this color palette. This also helps reduce the number of shoes you need to pack for the trip.
- Downsize toiletries. Even if you are checking your bag, there is no need to bring full-size toiletries. Pick up travel size versions of your favorite products and make sure you aren’t duplicating items that our resort already provides such as toothpaste, shaving cream, shampoo, body wash, SPF 15 sunscreen, etc.
- Pack outside your bag. Before you actually pack your suitcase, stack everything you plan to bring on your bed or dresser. This is your opportunity to eye your clothes and remove a few more items. If you pack directly into your suitcase, you’ll be tempted to throw in a few extra items. Once you’ve made the final edit, pack only what’s in front of you.
By following our advice, you should be able to slim down your suitcase in no time making the trip to our resort even easier. Safe travels!