Greetings from the sunny shores of Now® Resorts & Spas! Summer is in full swing which means sunshine, beach days and baseball! Recently at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, we had the pleasure of hosting a baseball fan favorite, Mr. Cal Ripken Jr. a.k.a “The Iron Man!”
He enjoyed his stay at Now Sapphire just as much as we enjoyed welcoming him for his vacation! Keep reading for a special message from The Iron Man himself!
Hey Phillies phans – we’ve got a phantastic trip planned for you at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun! We invite you to join Apple Vacations and the Philadelphia Phillies for a “Phillies Phancation”. Guests can choose to depart on January 2, 2014 for a 7-night stay, or on January 5, 2014 for a 4-night stay.
This will be a baseball-themed extravaganza, hosted by Phillies Director of Public Affairs, Scott Palmer. Other attending guests include: #9 Left Fielder, Domonic Brown; #31 Catcher, Erik Kratz; #49 Veteran (’90-’95) Pitcher, Tommy Greene; and #19 Veteran (’70-’80) Left Fielder, Greg Luzinski. And that’s not all! Our favorite furry, green friend, the Phillie Phanatic, will be making his way down to Mexico!
Our special guests in attendance to the Phillies Phancation!
Guests who attend this phabulous vacation will enjoy the following Phillies-themed accommodations, amenities and activities:
- A non-stop round-trip flight on the Phillies Express from Philadelphia to Cancun, Mexico via Frontier Airlines.
- Deluxe hotel accommodations at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
- FREE Non-stop, round-trip transfers to and from resort
- ALL meals, ALL drinks, ALL snacks and ALL tips in resort (and its wristband free!)
- Phancation group photo and Special Phancation gift
- Private welcome party, beach party, photo sessions, autograph sessions and games with our special guests!
- Phancation member ID for entry to the private events
- One FREE round of golf per adult
Visit the “Phillies Phancation” website to learn more!
It’s official—the 2010 World Series featuring the Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants will start this Wednesday, October 27th. At Now Resorts & Spas, guests will be enjoying the games in a fun-filled atmosphere that includes big screen TVs, the ultimate tailgate with all the fixings and of course beer and cocktails. If you’ll be visiting us during the World Series, get ready for the excitement!
If you won’t be joining us for the games, but still want to party like you’re at Now Resorts & Spas, try making this delicious Mexican Taco Dip. It’s perfect for entertaining and easy enough that the kids can lend a hand in preparing it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups & 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 avocados
- 2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
In a large bowl, mix beans and salsa and spread evenly on a round or rectangle platter. Next, top the beans and salsa with 2 cups sour cream. Mash the avocados adding lime juice, garlic and 2 Tbsp. sour cream. Spread evenly over sour cream on platter. Top with remaining 1 cup salsa. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
Refrigerate for 2 hours, serve with Tortilla chips and enjoy!