When you visit Now Larimar Punta Cana, there is so much that we have in store for you at our resort. Crystalline pools, gourmet culinary creations, exciting daytime activities and live nightly entertainment – you name it, we have it all! However, we do encourage that you do some sightseeing when you take your trip here. We have listed some exciting areas for you to explore in Punta Cana and the rest of the Dominican Republic!
- Altos de Chavón: A fascinating recreation of a 16th century Mediterranean village on a cliff overlooking the Río Chavón, where you can dine at fine restaurants, tour art exhibits and shop in antique shops with authentic Dominican wonders!
- Isla Saona: A scenic island located off of the south-east tip of the Dominican Republic, sailboat or speedboat ride to this island you’ll experience the incredible turquoise water and beauty of the limestone cliffs. You may even see some dolphins following your boat!
- Isla Catalina: A small offshore island located approximately 1.5 miles from the mainland, has an incredible coral reef for snorkeling and diving, perfect for those booking for a day trip for water activities.
- Santo Domingo: The capitol city of the Dominican Republic, where the settlement of all the Americas began. You’ll see the first cathedral and the first hospital. Explore the cobblestone streets that wind through the Spanish colonial architecture and imagine that you’re back in the 1500s. Enjoy the fine entertainment and restaurants for your pleasure.
- La Romana: One of the largest cities in the Dominican Republic known for its superior golfing, beautiful beaches and shopping area.
- Higuey: A small historical town known for its large Basilica honoring the Virgen de la Altagracia, patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Stroll the small streets and sample some of the tasty local cheese and fresh fruit from the local markets.
“Like” Now Larimar on Facebook to stay updated on everything happening in and around the resort!
We will be at your resort in about 3 weeks. Can we book some excursions thru the resort? Hopefully we do not run into any problems with hurricane season but we are looking forward to the trip.