We have two Now Resorts & Spas in Mexico and we like to offer our guests an authentic Mexican experience when they visit Riviera Cancun. We also like to share with our friends at home some of our traditions and offer you the opportunity to “Make it at Home.”
Today’s featured recipe is perfect for a cold evening at home or great to serve to guests at your next holiday party!
Make it at Home: Mexican Coffee
- 4 scoops of ground coffee beans, Columbian or other variety – a coffee scoop is equivalent to a rounded tablespoon
- 1 scoop (rounded tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon – eyeball it, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- 4 jiggers (1 ounce shots) coffee liqueur (recommended: Kahlua)
- 1 canister whipped cream with spray top
Place coffee, cocoa and cinnamon in a filter for coffee brewing. Make 4 cups of brewed mocha-cinnamon coffee. Pour a shot of coffee liquor in the bottom of a coffee mug. Pour in a serving of brewed mocha-cinnamon Mexican coffee. Top off the mug with a generous swirl of whipped cream and garnish with another sprinkle of cinnamon. Repeat for desired number of mugfuls!