It can be quite the task to pack for a family vacation. After hours of planning and packing, even the most prepared parents find themselves questioning, “What am I forgetting?”
To help make packing a little easier for a family trip to Now Resorts & Spas, we’ve put together a list of must have items when traveling with kids.
1. Blue painter’s tape. This is a great item to pack if you are traveling with infants and toddlers. It can be used in a variety of ways, including child-proofing electrical sockets or hanging up your child’s artwork in your hotel room that they make during their stay.
2. Thin duffel bag. Let’s be honest, packing lightly with kids is nearly impossible. There is nothing worse than getting all the way up to the ticket counter and finding out your check-in bag is too heavy. Not only does a duffel come in handy if you need to lighten your check-in bag, but it’s also great if you buy one too many souvenirs on your trip and need a way to bring them home.
3. Antibacterial wipes. I’m sure that almost every parent realizes what an important traveling necessity these are, but we thought we’d tell you once more. You can never have enough wipes! They can be used to kill germs on your hands, your child’s hands and your child’s toys which will inevitably end up on the floor of the plane.
4. Ziploc Bags. Stock up on zip-lock bags before your trip. You’d be surprised how many ways you can use these while traveling. Ziploc bags are perfect for snacks, leak-tight carriers, protecting important documents and keeping small items organized (like tiny socks and underwear).
5. Extra clothes. Accidents are bound to happen while traveling, so you should bring along an extra set of clothes for you and your children. Whether it be spit up, food, juice or a messy diaper, the last thing you want to do is be stuck in dirty clothes while traveling. After all, you can never be too prepared!
Do you have any recommendations for must have items when traveling with kids?