Can you believe it’s November already? That’s right…Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Of course, we look for any reason to celebrate at Now Jade Riviera Cancun and Thanksgiving is no different. Guests visiting us over this American holiday can expect all of the traditional Thanksgiving fixings, along with some fun activities and events to celebrate the occasion.
We especially love doing Thanksgiving arts and crafts with the kids in our Explorer’s Club. If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to keep your children occupied, here are the directions for one of our favorite fall crafts at Now Jade!
What you’ll need:
- 9″ paper plate
- Acrylic paint: goldenrod, brown, yellow, orange, green, red, white and black
- Black marker
- Felt in fall colors, cut into 1″ squares
How to make it:
- Paint entire plate with goldenrod color and set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut felt into 1″ pieces. Use several fall colors, such as red, brown, orange, tan, gold and cream.
- Have all of your paint colors handy and a separate paintbrush for each color. Paint the child’s palm and thumb with a generous amount of brown paint.
- Have child gently place their handprint in the center of the paper plate. Gently press down on the child’s hand and each individual finger to ensure a good distribution of paint.
- Have child lift hand directly up into the air so as not to smear any of the colors.
- Use a paintbrush to add a red gobbler and an orange beak.
- While the paint is drying you can glue on the pieces for the frame. Pipe glue around the outside edge of the plate and press the felt squares onto the glue, overlapping the outside of the plate. Alternate the colors to create a pattern.
- Use black marker to draw legs and feet.
- Use the handle end of a small paintbrush to add a dot for the eye, let dry. Once dry, use a toothpick to dot on the black.